Popular Posts

how many miles do you put in a week

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The city meet.

5:09.02 was my time for the middle school city meet at civic stadium today. I had expected a onslaught of rapid 8th graders taking it out super hard. But nobody did and  I was left all alone to fiend for myself and the fast time. I pass the first lap in 1:16 a little bit off pace put I am still going to crank it. I look behind me and there is no one in sight. At 2 laps I pass in 2:35, I am slowing. No turning back now though. I struggle through the third lab keeping a even pace. At the bell I see my time as 3:53. Now is time. I keep relaxing until 300 to go and there I start to unleash the pit bulls. I keep upping my pace until I hit the max setting. I keep pushing. Now I look at my watch and see that I have ran a 5:09 flat closing in a 1:15 for my final lap. I was happy, but enough of that, time to get back to work.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you want to get back to work--and I also liked the line about unleashing the pit bulls...Since I was at the race, it was inspiring to see you work hard. A lot of people in the community are pulling for you, brother. You are very much supported on this journey. Onwards.

    ReplyDelete