Popular Posts

how many miles do you put in a week

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wisconsin Invite

The Wisconsin Invite was yesterday and today Flotrack posted videos of the races on there website. I watched the mens 8k race and thought that the race was amazing. There were so many runners and they all finished in dense packs. I was suprised to find that the race winner Lawli Lalang only runs 50 miles per week. That is nothing. That means he is running for about 45 minutes to a hour a day max. No long runs? That just seems that when you are running at a high level like him you cherish those long runs. So I guess that is pretty amazing if he can do a 23:10 off of very minimal training. My dad and I had a nice slow long run at cornwall and at lake padden today. I like those long runs they can get you more connected to your surroundings because if you are going to fast you notice nothing but if you go at a pace where you can soak in the nice trail you are running on and the sounds of nature around you, you can enjoy running for hours instead od dreading it. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment