Popular Posts
-
i am sorry that i have not got around to updating my blog. there has been a lot going on. first i ran a 5k on the track in 17:38 a pr. then ...
-
this program is for the beginning 5k runner Monday easy run for 60 minutes Tuesday tempo run for 30 minutes Wednesday easy run for 45 min...
how many miles do you put in a week
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
The city meet.
5:09.02 was my time for the middle school city meet at civic stadium today. I had expected a onslaught of rapid 8th graders taking it out super hard. But nobody did and I was left all alone to fiend for myself and the fast time. I pass the first lap in 1:16 a little bit off pace put I am still going to crank it. I look behind me and there is no one in sight. At 2 laps I pass in 2:35, I am slowing. No turning back now though. I struggle through the third lab keeping a even pace. At the bell I see my time as 3:53. Now is time. I keep relaxing until 300 to go and there I start to unleash the pit bulls. I keep upping my pace until I hit the max setting. I keep pushing. Now I look at my watch and see that I have ran a 5:09 flat closing in a 1:15 for my final lap. I was happy, but enough of that, time to get back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like that you want to get back to work--and I also liked the line about unleashing the pit bulls...Since I was at the race, it was inspiring to see you work hard. A lot of people in the community are pulling for you, brother. You are very much supported on this journey. Onwards.
ReplyDelete